Category Archives: Main Dishes

Sumac and Thyme Chicken with Pomegranate Glaze

This is not your normal roast chicken. I don’t know about you, but I find that 90% of the time roast chicken is boring and bland, and the other 10% of the time it is so salty and fatty I … Continue reading

Posted in Main Dishes, Meat | Tagged , , , , , | 4 Comments

Caraway Chicken Burgers

I don’t really remember where this recipe came from, or rather, I don’t know when I invented it. I remember trying to recreate a chicken burger I once had on Portobello Rd in London that was juicy, spiced and delicious, … Continue reading

Posted in Frugal Foods, Main Dishes | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Drunken Lamb Stew

I made this stew while studying, which is sort of like being intoxicated; you can’t react appropriately in social situations, there is a complete loss of time, sometimes you’re needy and love everyone, you’re absent minded. Also, crucially, you need … Continue reading

Posted in Main Dishes, Meat, Yeasty goods | Tagged , , , , , | Leave a comment

Spiced Tempeh with Quinoa Salad

Hi to Brunei Darussalam, Finland, Portugal, Zimbabwe and any other new viewers! It’s pretty cool to see all the countries that people come from who view your blog. This week I was especially excited to see that someone in Portugal … Continue reading

Posted in Healthy and Tasty, Main Dishes, Salads, Vegan and Delicious, Vegetarian | Tagged , , , , , , , , , | 1 Comment

Parsnip and Blue Cheese Soup

Isn’t it strange how foods that you hated as a child become foods you love as an adult? I used to hate spicy food, now I like tabasco straight from a spoon, I used to hate sweet potato and now … Continue reading

Posted in Main Dishes, Soups, Vegetarian | Tagged , , , | 2 Comments

Egg White Omelette with Capsicum, Leek and Mushroom

I was challenged to find fillings for an egg white omelette that made it delicious, but made sure it stayed super healthy, so no pile of bacon and cheese 😦 If it wasn’t for being challenged you wouldn’t be getting … Continue reading

Posted in Breakfast, Brunch, Healthy and Tasty, Main Dishes, Vegetarian | Tagged , , , , | 6 Comments

Simple Pumpkin Soup

It’s starting to get a little chilly in Brisbane now… ok… so our winter is like summer for many of you, but it’s still cold enough to enjoy a rich warming soup in the evening. The other thing at this … Continue reading

Posted in Frugal Foods, Healthy and Tasty, Main Dishes, Soups, Vegan and Delicious, Vegetarian | Tagged , , | 5 Comments